The Yellowstone Club Community Foundation is honored to award the Corey C. Griffin Scholarship. These two $5,000 scholarships are available to high school seniors in southwest Montana.
Corey lost his life in 2014 at the age of 27 in a tragic diving accident in Nantucket, MA. Montana was a special place for Corey and his family, not only for the majestic beauty of the mountains, but also the magic of the night skies. He enjoyed the opportunity to explore and challenge himself with the variety of outdoor activities that are abundant here in Montana. Most of all, Corey enjoyed Montana as it represented a place where time stopped and life was solely for sharing Montana’s gifts with friends and family.
In Corey’s eyes, the sky was the limit in terms of how he viewed possibility and challenge. He touched the lives of more people in his 27 years than most do in a lifetime. Corey was remarkable and truly unique in his beliefs and impact.
The Corey C. Griffin Scholarship is awarded annually on March 1 st to an individual who most closely exemplifies Corey’s “never quit” attitude, his passionate support and leadership for causes in which he believed, and his philosophy, put simply: finding good in others, lending a helping hand for those in need, and having the courage to create change.
- Applications must be made online using the form below
- Deadline for applications is January 15
- All applicants must be referred by either a teacher, minister, school counselor, guidance counselor or alternative program director
- Two letters of recommendations are required for each applicant, which may be submitted along with this form or mailed directly to the address at the end of this page
- Approved applicants will interview with a committee selected by the Foundation